Facts from the history of the Museum
A. Baranauskas and A. Vienuolis-Zukauskas Memorial Museum, founded in 1927, collects, preserves and makes museum values, which reflect the evolution of culture, history, literature, agrarian and technological history of Anyksciai district.
The Museum unites eight branches, which have got common activities: A.Baranauskas Granary, A. Vienuolis Memorial Museum, J. Biliunas Memorial Museum, B. Buivydaite Memorial Museum, the Didziuliai Memorial Museum, Horse Museum and the Narrow Gauge Railway Museum.
A. Baranauskas and A. Vienuolis-Zukauskas Memorial Museum organizes and takes active part in town festivals. Proceeding with the traditions of the writer A. Vienuolis, the founder of the Museum, the Museum organizes educational excursions in Anyksciai district. Also, the Museum is engaged in publishing activities.
Besides, educational literary, historical and ethnographical programmes are organized.
© A. Baranauskas and A. Vienuolis-Zukauskas memorial museum, 2015